is the natural number
and preceding twenty-three
Twenty-two is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2 and 11.
Twenty-two is also:
- The atomic number of titanium.
- The number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet.
- In the Kabbala, the number of paths between the sephiroth.
- The number of yards in a chain. A cricket pitch is 22 yards in length.
- The narrowest f-stop available in most single-lens reflex cameras.
- The number of cards in the Major Arcana of a tarot deck, if you include the fool.
- The number of players in a rugby union squad for international and other top-level matches. Seven of the players are "on the bench", ready to play as replacements or substitutes.
See also: twenty
, list of numbers
This article is about the number. For the year AD 22, see 22.