|pop. density:||183 inh./km²|
|Table of contents|
4 Coat of arms
5 Towns and municipalities
6 External links
The district dates back to the Oberamt Tuttlingen, which was created in 1806. After several minor changes it was was merged with the Oberamt Spaichingen and converted into the district in 1938. In 1973 it was enlarged by some municipalities from the dissolved districts Donaueschingen and Stockach.
The landscape of the district are the hills of the Swabian Alb, with the Danube as the main river.
|The coat of arms show a deer antler in the top part, the symbol of the state of Württemberg. The area of the district became part of Württemberg in the 14th century. The half wheel in the bottom is the symbol of the Lords of Hohenberg, representing an Austrian possesion in the district.|