The first T-54 was produced 1947. It was redesigned in 1958 as the T-55. Production continued to 1981 in the Soviet Union. It was also produced in Czechoslovakia, Poland and in China as the Type 59.
Currently used in various countries too poor to afford anything better.
- T-55 Enigma Iraq
- Tiran Israel
- Hungary in 1956.
- Czechoslovakia in 1968.
- Israel-Arab wars in 1967 and 1973.
- Southeast Asia. (Vietnam, Cambodia)
- "Brushfire Wars" (Angola, Congo)
- Iran-Iraq War
- Gulf War.
- (Fill in)
See also: List of tanks, List of Soviet tanks.
- Length: 6.20 m
- Width: 3.60 m
- Height: 2.32 m
- Weight: 40.5 t
- Speed: 35 km/h (offroad)
- Range: 390 km
- Crew: 4
- Primary: 100 mm rifled gun (late models have ability to fire AT-10 Stabber missiles)
- Secondary: 7.62 mm Coax Machinegun, 12.7 mm AA Machinegun.
- Power plant: 462-516 kW (620-690 hp) Diesel
- Armour: Up to 300mm of armour. Some late models have reactive armour.