is an office applications suite
for the K Desktop Environment (KDE
). All its components have been released under open source
licenses. KOffice includes the following components:
- KWord. A word processor with style sheets and frame-support for DTP-style editing of complex layouts.
- KSpread. A spreadsheet application with multiple sheet support, templates and more than 100 mathematicalal formulas.
- KPresenter. A presentation program with image and effect support.
- Kivio. A programmable flowchart drawing program with dynamically loadable stencils. Developed by theKompany, which offers additional (copyrighted) stencils for sale.
- Karbon14. A vector drawing application with a variety of drawing and editing tools.
- Krita (formerly known as Krayon and KImageshop). A bitmap graphics manipulation program, primarily designed as a painting program, with some image processing features.
- Kugar and KChart. Integrated report and chart generators.
- KFormula. An integrated mathematical formula editor.
- Kexi. An integrated environment for managing data. It helps creating database schemas, inserting, querying and processing data. (Kexi Project site)
KOffice includes import filters for some file formats provided by competitors. The suite is released separately from KDE
and can be downloaded at the KOffice homepage.