Ian WrightIan Wright
was a professional footballer, who achieved fame playing up front for Crystal Palace
He was born in Woolwich, south London, on 3rd November 1961. He came to professional football late, signing for Palace in 1985 (at the age of 24). After rejections from Millwall and Brighton he played for amateur and non-league teams, culminating at Greenwich Borough, where he was spotted by Palace scout Peter Prentice.
He signed for Arsenal in 1991 for what was at the time a club record fee and went on to become the clubs all time leading scorer.
Teams (as professional)
- At Palace
- FA Cup runner up (1990)
- ZDS Cup winner (1991)
- At Arsenal
- Golden boot (leading scorer in top division) 1991/2 and 1992/3
- FA Cup winner (1993, 1998)
- Cup Winners Cup Winner (1994) Runner Up (1995)
- League Cup winner (1993)
- League championship (1998)
- Arsenal lead scorer with 178 goals.
- With England
- 33 caps (debut? last cap?)