There are several rivers named Don
The word Don
also stands for:
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one which just points to other pages which might otherwise have had the same name.
- Danu, the mother goddess in Insular Brythonic mythology.
- an abbreviated form of the male Christian name Donald.
- in English universities, a head, fellow or tutor of a college.
- in Spanish, a title prefixed to a man's Christian name, e.g. Don Juan, Don Quijote, or in the operas Don Carlos, Don Giovanni, Don Pasquale. Hence it is also a (rather old-fashioned) slang name for a Spaniard. The word appears in Henry Newbolt's poem Drake's Drum: "If the dons sight Devon, I'll quit the port of heaven...". It is abbreviated as D.
- a mafia or underworld don - the head of an organised crime gang.