In 1921 Brittman acquired the assets of the Dawson Car Company and started producing a 1.9 litre model called the Triumph Light Car. A number of other models were made up until the 1929 depression when production almost stopped entirely.
In the 1930s the company changed its name to the Triumph Motor Company. Donald Healey became the company’s Experimental Manager in 1934.
The Triumph bicycles ended production in 1936, and Healey purchased an Alfa 2.3 and developed an Alfa/Triumph called the Dolomite.
In July 1939 the Triumph Motor Company factory, equipment and goodwill were offered for sale. T.W.Ward purchased the company and placed Healey in charge as General Manager, but war in Europe again stopped the production of cars.
After the war, what was left of the Triumph Motor Company and the Triumph brand name was bought by Standard Motor Company.
In December 1960 the company merged with Leyland Motors.
The last Triumph model was the Acclaim which was launched in 1982 after a joint venture with Japanese company Honda.
Triumph Motor Car models include (incomplete list)