The Proud FamilyThe Proud Family
is a Disney Channel
cartoon show about a Black family that is geared towards pre-teens and teenager kids. Originally piloted for Nickelodeon
, Disney eventually picked it up in 2000.
The Proud Family, while basically a sitcom, presents young audiences with different daily situations that many teenagers might have to face during their teenage and adult years.
The show's characters are:
- Penny Proud, 14 year old teenage girl who loves her family, but often feels embarrassed by the way they act.
- Oscar Proud, Penny's father, a snack food salesman who overprotects his daughter.
- Trudy Proud, Penny's crazy, loving and moral teaching mother who is both respectful of others but fun loving and fashion conscious.
- Sugar Mama, Penny's grandmother, a funny, music and dancing older woman.
- Bee Bee Proud, Penny's three year old baby brother, half of a twin couple.
- Cee Cee Proud, Penny's three year old baby sister, the other half of the twins.
- Dijonay Jones, Penny's best friend.
- Zoey, Penny's geek friend. (She was 18 years old in the first season, later, she was converted back to 14 years old)
- LaCienega, Penny's fair weather friend who enjoys a popularity run.
- Sticky, Penny's friend who likes acting cool.
- The Gross Sisters, who like bullying everyone around but have a good heart deep inside.
who work the voice-overs for the show are: