Temporal Cold War
On the television series Enterprise
set in the Star Trek
universe, the Temporal Cold War
is a conflict waged throughout the 3rd and early 4th millennia C.E
Factions in the war include:
- 22nd Century Pre-Federation Humanity
- 22nd Century Tholians
- 22nd Century Xindi
- 28th Century unknown party working through the 22nd century Suliban Cabal
- 31st Century Post-Federation Humanity
Those in the 28th Century are intent on altering the timeline to their own ends. Humanity in the 31st Century is attempting to ascertain the identity of their adversaries and to thwart their efforts.
Interestingly, regarding Earth's historical Cold War, the namesake of this conflict, wikipedia states in part:
"A full-scale war never actually broke out, hence the metaphor of a "cold" war with a predilection for quashing armed conflicts to prevent a "hot" and escalating shooting war whenever possible. Indeed, a good show was made on both sides that the conflict was primarily about economic, philosophic, cultural, social, and political ideology."
These words appear to apply with equal merit to the TCW.
Major events in the Temporal Cold War:
- The Cabal begins taking orders from the 28th Century.
- Daniels infiltrates the Enterprise crew to protect them.
- Enterprise is implicated in the destruction of a mining colony by the Cabal.
- Enterprise, the Suliban and the Tholians struggle over a derelict ship from the future.
- The Xindi make a preemptive strike on Earth, killing 7 million.
- A faction contacts the Cabal in the past to employ them for their own ends.
See also: Temporal Prime Directive
- Daniels is sent back in time to protect Enterprise.