Prince of Wales HospitalPrince of Wales Hospital
(威爾斯親王醫院), located in Sha Tin
, Hong Kong
, is a public hospital
and the teaching hospital of the Medical Faculty of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Opening in 1984, Prince of Wales Hospital provides about 1,360 hospital beds and 24 hours accident and emergency service with almost 4,000 staff. It is also the regional hospital of the Eastern New Territories serving Shatin, Tai Po, Northern New Territories, Sai Kung and the outlying islands.
The hospital is also supported by the Li Ka-shing Specialist Clinics for specialty outpatient services.
The Hospital Governing Committee (HGC) is the ultimate decision making authority of the hospital.
Scopes of service
See also: List of buildings, sites and areas in Hong Kong
- Accident and Emergency (24 hours)
- Anaesthesia (including Intensive Care)
- Anatomical & Cellular Pathology
- Chemical Pathology
- Clinical Oncology(including Radiotherapy)
- Combined Endoscopy
- Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging
- Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Family Medicine
- Medicine & Therapeutics
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology