Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

Ontario Agricultural College

The Ontario Agricultural College (OAC) was one of three founding colleges of the University of Guelph in 1964. (The other two were the Ontario Veterinary College and the Macdonald Institute.)

The OAC offers a wide range of agriculture-related degree programs, including widely respected programs in Landscape Architecture, Science in Agriculture and Food Science.


The OAC opened on May 1, 1874 with an enrollment of 28 students. The OAC administration was housed in Moreton Lodge until 1931, when the building was torn down to make way for Johnston Hall. The OAC's offices have resided in Johnston Hall ever since.

The curriculum has went through numerous overhauls over the years:

External Links