The News Corporation Ltd.
is an Australian
media conglomerate that operates world-wide. Its major shareholder and managing director is Rupert Murdoch
. It is a public company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
The holdings of News Corp include:
- Australian newspapers
- UK newspapers
- US newspapers and magazines
- BSkyB, United Kingdom
- Foxtel, Australia
- Hughes Electronics, North and South America
- DirecTV, the primary U.S. satellite TV provider
- DirectTV Latin America
- DirecWay, Satellite Internet service provider
- Hughes Network Systems, satellite Internet
- Sky Italia, Italian satellite TV service
- Star TV, an Asian satellite TV service
- Fox Network a US-wide broadcast television network
- Fox News Channel, a 24-hour cable news channel
- Fox Sports Net, a chain of regional cable television networks broadcasting local sporting events linked together by national sports news programming. Local chanels include "Fox Sports Southwest", "Fox Sports Bay Area", etc.
- Fox Sports World, a North American digital cable network specializing in sporting events outside North America.
- Fox Sports en Espaņol, a Spanish-language North American cable sports network; its sports lineup is tailored to appeal to a Latin American audience.
- FX, a cable network broadcasting reruns of programming previously shown on other channels, but recently creating its own programming, including the Emmy Award-winning program The Shield.
- National Geographic Channel
- Speed Channel