New Boston was first settled around 1820. It was originally called Catville after the initials of C. A. Trowbridge, its proprietor. It received a post office in 1860. On March 20, 1868 the name of the town was changed to New Boston.
Fact-index.com financially supports the Wikimedia Foundation. Displaying this page does not burden Wikipedia hardware resources. This article is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.