The word net
may refer to several items in Wikipedia
- A device made by fibers woven in a grid-like structure, like fishing net, the goal in soccer and the court divider in tennis.
- In computing, the word net is sometimes used to mean trapping device or network.
- The Net (or the 'net) is a synonym for Internet. A fiction film The Net, a sort of horror movie about the Internet, was produced in the mid 1990s.
- .NET, a Microsoft project for creating a platform for internet.
- In mathematics, "net" is a concept in topology that generalizes sequences and allows unification of various notions of limit. See Net (mathematics).
- A term meaning "after deductions". Compare: gross