National Academic Quiz TournamentsNational Academic Quiz Tournaments
(LLC) is a question-writing and quizbowl
organizing company founded by former players in 1996
. The format is a set of questions are read until the time expires, making it similar to College Bowl
. However the question difficulty for the college level is significantly higher, and the question topics somewhat more academic. The company also writes practice questions and questions for high school and college invitational tournaments. Its model is more centralized than Academic Competition Federation
in that all questions are centrally produced, rather than produced by the teams and centrally edited.
The national tournaments are divided into divisions, unlike other format, so that a clear undergraduate champion is determined (all formats allow graduate students to compete in some form).
Winners of NAQT National College Championship
Winners of NAQT National High School Championship
- year - Overall - Small School
- 1999 - Detroit Catholic Central HS
- 2000 - State College (PA) Area HS
- 2001 - Detroit Catholic Central HS
- 2002 - St. John's School (Houston, TX) - Kent City (MI) HS
- 2003 - Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (Alexandria, VA) - Cutter Morning Star HS (Hot Springs, AR)