were an aristocratic British
family noted for their accomplishments in writing and notorious lives, particularly of the daughters of the family, known as the Mitford sisters
They were the children of David Bertram Ogilvy Freeman-Mitford (1878 - 1958), the second Baron Redesdale, and his wife Sydney Bowles. The family home was Asthall Manor in Oxfordshire.
- Nancy Mitford (November 28, 1904 - June 30, 1973). She married Peter Rodd.
- Pamela Mitford (November 25, 1907 - April 12, 1994). She married Derek Jackson.
- Thomas Mitford (January 2, 1909 - March 30, 1945)
- Diana Mitford (June 17, 1910 - August 11, 2003). She married Bryan Walter Guinness and Sir Oswald Mosley.
- Unity Valkyrie Mitford (August 8, 1914 - May 28, 1948)
- Jessica Mitford (September 11, 1917 - July 22, 1996). She married Esmond Romilly and Robert Treuhaft.
- Deborah Mitford (born March 31, 1920). She married Andrew Cavendish, Duke of Devonshire.