The following additional verses appear to originate much later then the first verse.
- Little Bo peep fell fast asleep
- And dreamt she heard them bleating;
- But when she awoke, she found it a joke,
- For they were still a-fleeting.
- Then up she took her little crook,
- Determined her to find them;
- She found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed,
- For they'd left their tails behind them.
- It happened one day, as Bo peep did stray
- Into a meadow hard by,
- There she espied their tails side by side,
- All hung on a tree to dry.
- She heaved a sigh and wiped her eye,
- And over the hillocks went rambling,
- And tried what she could, as a sheperdess should,
- To tack each again to its lambkin.