The educational software made by Microsoft includes:
Most of the original titles were created with Music Pen. Though in the cartoon series, the bus was obviously animated in the usual way, in the CD-ROM games, it is typically animated with computer generated imagery. In all these titles the user gets to "drive" the bus, which almost always involves clicking on the steering wheel and choosing a location. (The exception is The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth where it is the gearshift instead of the steering wheel.) Most of the games have about seven different locations, including the classroom. There is always some goal for the user in each one.
- The Magic School Bus Explores the Solar System(1994)
- This is essentially a computer version of the book the Magic School Bus Lost in the Solar System and the cartoon episode the Magic School Bus Lost in Space, except that Ms Frizzle is lost as soon as the bus flies away from Earth. The user can fly the bus to any planet he or she chooses and play experiments and click on things there. To win the game, the user has to discover the whereabouts of the Friz. To do so they have to play a "whatsit" game to earn a token which gives them a clue, as to which planet Ms Frizzle is on. Once Ms Frizzle is found the bus will return to the classroom and the game begins again.
- The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body(1994)
- This program is based on the book The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body. Arnold has become the class' next field trip. The user can drive the bus to 12 different organs. In some locations the user can leave the bus. Each place has an arcade game and science experiment. There is a great deal to explore, but well the class ever get out of Arnold?
- The Magic School Bus Explores the Ocean(1995)
- This game is based on The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor. The class has taken a field trip to the beach. There they found a message in a bottle; with clues to a treasure. The user explores the ocean and follows clues that led him/her to the treasure. This was the first CD-ROM that featured the entire cast on the bus(in The Magic Schol Bus Explores the Solar System, Ms. Frizzle was missing; and in The Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body, Arnold wasn't in the bus, because the bus was in Arnold.) This is also the only one where the classroom can't be visited.
- The Magic School Bus Explores Inside the Earth(1996)
- This product is based on the book The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth and the television episode The Magic School Bus Blows Its Top. Arnold has lost some of the rockss and minerals in his collection. The user explores several places such a canyon, a geode, a fault, a volcano and even an undersea environment which features a subduction zone, midocean ridge and an underwater volcano. The user can collect rocks in various ways. The goal is find replacments for the rocks and minerals Arnold lost.
- The Magic School Bus Explores In the Age of Dinosaurs(1996)
- This game is based on the book, The Magic School Bus in the Age of Dinosaurs. Ms. Frizzle is missing some photographs from her photo alblum of her last trip to the age of dinosaurs. As usual, the user has to find replacments. There seven different places. A place's is named from the time and place name combinded, for example; "Jurassic Colorado" or "Triassic Argentina." This game has very alaberate CGI forms for the bus.
- The Magic School Bus Explores the Rainforest(1997)
- The class is decorating their classroom for "Rainforest Day." Wanda brought a "Right-Away-Rainforest Toolbox" that could do the job, but some "bio-clones" are missing for the kit. Ms. Frizzle takes the class on a field trip to the Costa Rican rainforest to find the missing "bio-clones." This is the only time Ms. Frizzle's middle name is mentioned. This is also a landmark for the CD-ROM series not to be based on one of the books. It was also the last one Music Pen worked on.
- The Magic School Bus Explores the World of Animals(1999)
- The Magic School Bus Explores Bugs