Las Vegas (television)Las Vegas
is a dramatic television series
about an ex-marine
working in a Las Vegas casino
for the head of surveillance. The show used the style of zoom in-zoom out camera angles that CSI
Cast and Characters
- Danny McCoy, an ex-marine whom works for Ed Deline in security at a fictional Las Vegas casino called the "Montecito". The show is narrated by this character in the first few episodes. Played by Josh Duhamel
- Ed Deline, a former CIA officer, he is now the the tough-guy head of security at a Las Vegas casino. Played by James Caan
- Mary Connell, a former whore who "makes good" and becomes the "Special Events Director" at the casino. Played by Nikki Cox
- Mike Cannon, a brainy but goodlooking engineer who takes a job as Montecito's head valet parker because it pays so well. Played by James Lesure
- Samantha "Sam" Jane, a hottie casino host. Played by Vanessa Marcil
- Delinda Deline, Ed's daughter and Danny's love interest for the first few episodes. Played by Molly Sims
- Nessa Holt, "The Ice Queen". A casino manager with a shady past. Marsha Thomason
The show aired at 9:00 PM, EST/PST, on Mondays starting with September 22, 2003.
- United States of America on NBC
- Canada on CH
- TV Guide (Canada) said "NBC needs a new pair of shoes. Las Vegas is going to roll sevens." While the show was "[s]lick and funky", they asked "[i]s gambling really that interesting?"
The fictional Montecito sits on the Las Vegas strip where the real life Mandalay Bay hotel and casino is located. Many of Mandalay Bay's exteriors (including its wave pool) have been used as Montecito exteriors.
See also: 2003 in television