Karpacz is located at 480-885 metres above sea level. South of Karpacz on the border to the Czech Republic there is Mt. Sniezka (1602 m). In Karpacz Górny there is the Norwegian style wooden church "Wang".
Karpacz is first mentioned in 1599 because of lead and iron minings. Since the construction of Karpacz's first railway connection in 1895 history was connected with the development of metallurgy industries and with the progress of tourism. Nowadays it became one of Poland's and Europe's most progressive mountain tourist resort.\n