June is the sixth month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar, with 30 days. June is named for the Roman goddess Juno, wife of Jupiter.
Events in June:
- The solstice occurs around the 21st of this month, although it may occur on either the 20 or 22. It is the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere.
- Midsummer is celebrated in Sweden on the third Friday in June.
- Father's Day is celebrated in the USA on the third Sunday in June.
- Gay pride celebrations in many countries in honor of the Stonewall riots
- The majority of the Portland Rose Festival occurs
June begins on a unique day of the week each year.
See Also: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.
June 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Or a less condensed format: