Institute Le RoseyInstitute Le Rosey - Private Swiss School, established in 1880
Institute Le Rosey is the oldest private school in Switzerland and one of the most exclusive private education institutions in the world. It offers studies in either French or English to the students (ages 7 through 18) who come from some of the world's wealthiest families in dozens of different countries. Attendees of this school generally guard their privacy.
Le Rosey is believed to be the only school in the world to run two campuses. In spring and autumn, classes are held in the facilities near the village of Rolle
in the Vaud
canton, located between Lausanne
. For the winter term, the entire student body moves to Gstaad
in the Bern
canton, home to the world's most elite ski
resort and where skiing is part of the school's curriculum.
Invaluable to the students is a very high-quality education with an International Baccalaureate. However, as adults, having a worldwide network of former classmates at the highest levels of industry or government, can be priceless.
Some of Le Rosey's students, whose attendance is a matter of public record, are:
- Aga Khan IV;
- Sir Thomas Arnold, British statesman;
- Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia;
- Tae Ashida, designer;
- Joe Dassin, singer;
- Dodi Al-Fayed, movie producer, friend of Princess Diana;
- Richard Helms, former director of the CIA;
- Michael Korda, publisher;
- Sean Taro Ono Lennon, musician;
- Marie-Chantal Miller, Crown Princess of Greece;
- Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran;
- Prince Edward, Duke of Kent;
- Prince Rainier of Monaco;
- Andrea di Robilant, author;
- Irving Thalberg Jr, motion picture family;
- Michael Kadoorie, Hong Kong billionaire;
- John Casablancas, founder of Elite Model Management;
- Albert Hammond Jr, musician, band member of "The Strokes"
- King Albert II of Belgium;
- Julian Casablancas, musician, band member of "The Strokes";
- Prince Guillaume of Luxemburg, Crown Prince of Luxemburg;
- Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Italy.
- Princess Alexandra de Scheel, of the Netherlands