Hollywood Forever Memorial Park CemeteryHollywood Forever Memorial Park
cemetery is located at 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard in Hollywood, California
. Amongst others, a number of the great stars from the early days of the motion picture industry in Hollywood are interred in this cemetery. Some of them are:
- Mel Blanc, film voice of Porky Pig, Bugs Bunny, and Daffy Duck
- Al Christie, director, producer, screenwriter
- Charles Christie, motion picture studio owner
- Joe Dassin, American born, French pop singer
- Cecil B. DeMille, director, producer
- Nelson Eddy, singer, actor
- Douglas Fairbanks, Sr, actor
- Douglas Fairbanks Jr, actor, highly decorated military hero of WW II
- Peter Finch, actor in film "Network" who said: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!"
- Victor Fleming, film director, "The Wizard of Oz" and "Gone With the Wind"
- Janet Gaynor, actress, in the same year, she was nominated three times for an Academy Award for best actress for her roles in three separate motion pictures.
- Maury Gertsman, cinematographer
- John Huston, director
- Jesse Lasky, pioneer, made the first motion picture in Hollywood
- Florence Lawrence, Hollywood's first movie star
- Peter Lorre, actor
- Hattie McDaniel, actress, first African-American to win an Academy Award (monument; she is buried in Rosedale Cemetery)
- Tyrone Power, actor
- Virginia Rappe, actress, her murder became Hollywood's biggest scandal
- Marie Rappold, opera singer
- Nelson Riddle, musician, composer, band leader
- Theodore Roberts, actor
- Bugsy Siegel, gangster, built first gambling casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Carl Switzer, child actor, Alfalfa in "Our Gang"
- Constance Talmadge, actress
- Natalie Talmadge, actress
- Norma Talmadge, actress
- Rudolph Valentino, actor
- Clifton Webb, actor
See also: List of famous cemeteries