She was built by Harland and Wolff, Belfast, and originally to be called HMS Brave. Launched on May 20 1944, she was immediately transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy on completion on January 24 1946 and named HMCS Warrior. She was returned to Britain in 1948 and took part in Operation Grapple, the first British Hydrogen bomb tests. She was sold to Argentina in 1958, and renamed ARA Independencia. She was scrapped in 1971.