Hal DavidHal David
(born May 25
) is an American lyricist and songwriter.
His best selling hits include: Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, This Guy's in Love with You, I'll Never Fall in Love Again, Do you Know the Way to San Jose, Walk on By, What the World Needs Now is Love, I Say a Little Prayer, Always Something There to Remind Me, One Less Bell to Answer, Anyone Who Had a Heart.
Raindrops Keep falling on my Head won an Academy Award as the score for the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Don't Make Me Over, Close to You and Walk on By are all in the Grammy Hall of Fame. What's New Pussycat, Alfie, and The Look of Love received Oscar nominations.
Much of his work has been in collaboration with Burt Bacharach
- He received a Doctor of Music degree from Lincoln College in 1991 for his major contribution to American music.
- In May 2000 he received an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters Degree from Claremont Graduate University.
- He is a Founder of the Los Angeles Music Center
- He is a member of the Board of Governors of Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- He is currently a member of the Board of Directors of ASCAP, having served as its President, and where he now works diligently on reform of intellectual property rights.
- He serves the Advisory Board of the Society of Singers.
- He is a member of the Board of Visitors of Claremont University in California.
- He is currently the Chairman of the Board of the National Academy of Popular Music and The Songwriters' Hall of Fame.