Government House, Hong Kong
Built in 1855
, the Government House
was the residence of the Hong Kong governors
during the British colonial
time. It is located in Central
, on Hong Kong Island
The first governor to live there was Sir Bowring, the 4th governor of the territory. The last one was the last governor, Chris Patten.
During the Japanese occupation during World War II, it was occupied by Japanese troops, and a tower was added.
Since the handover of Hong Kong to the People's Republic of China, the House has become a guesthouse and is used for formal banquets.