Forty-threeFor the year A.D. 43, see 43.
Forty-three (43, XLIII) is the natural number following forty-two and preceding forty-four.
Forty-three is the 14th smallest prime number. The previous is forty-one, with which it comprises a twin prime, the next is forty-seven.
Forty-three is also:
- The atomic number of technetium.
- The designation of Interstate 43, a freeway in Wisconsin.
- The code for direct dial international phone calls to Austria.
- Part of the title of the historical British comedy show Hancock's Forty-Three Minutes, starring Tony Hancock.
- Part of the title of a historical short story by Hershel Finman titled Forty-Three Rubles, about Rabbi Zvi Elimelech Spira.