Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index


In American English, a flutist is a musician who plays the flute. The equivalant British and Commonwealth term is flautist (based on Italian word flauto, and adopted due to 18th century Italian influence).

Notable classical flute players include:

Notable jazz flute players include:

External links