Eugène de BeauharnaisEugène Rose de Beauharnais
- February 21
) was the first child and only son of Joséphine de Tascher de la Pagerie
and Alexandre, Vicomte de Beauharnais.
He was born in Paris, France and became the stepson and adopted child of Napoleon, following the execution of his father during the Reign of Terror. In 1804 he was made an official member of the imperial family as His Imperial Highness Eugene de Beauharnais, Prince of France. In 1805, he added Viceroy of Italy to his titles. In 1807, he was named Prince of Venice. He was created Hereditary Grand Duke of Frankfurt by his stepfather in 1810 and made Duke of Leuchtenberg and Prince of Eistadt by his father-in-law in 1817.
Beauharnais married in 1806 Her Serene Highness Princess Augusta Amalia Ludovika Georgia von Wittelsbach of Bavaria (1788-1851), daughter of Maximilian I of Bavaria. Their children were:
- Joséphine Maximilienne Eugénie Napoléone de Beauharnais (Princess Josephine Maximilienne Eugenie of Leuchtenberg) (1807-1876) became the Queen Consort to Oscar I of Sweden, himself the son of Napoleon's old love, Desirée Clary.
- Eugénie Hortense Auguste de Beauharnais
- Charles Auguste Eugène Napoléon de Beauharnais, married the Queen Mary II of Portugal
- Amélie Auguste Eugénie Napoléone de Beauharnais, married Pedro I of Brazil (father of Mary II of Portugal) and became Empress of Brazil
- Theodelinde Louise Eugénie Auguste Napoléone de Beauharnais
- Carolina Clotilde de Beauharnais
- Maximilian Josèphe Eugène Auguste Napoléon de Beauharnais, married Maria Nikolaievna Grand Duchess of Russia, daughter of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia
Eugène de Beauharnais died at Munich