Eight Immortals Indulged in WineThis article is about one of the less famous set of Eight Immortals. For the most popular set of "Eight Immortals", see Eight Immortals, which also contains a list of other sets of Eight Immortals.
The Eight Immortals Indulged in Wine (酒中八仙 in pinyin: jiu3 zhong1 ba1 xian1) are Tang Dynasty scholars who like to drink. They are not deified. The term is used by Du Fu in his poem. It is also used in the biography of Li Bo in New Tang Book (新唐書).
- Li Bo,
- Cui Zongzhi (崔宗之 cui1 zong1 zhi1),
- He Zhizhang (賀知章 he4 zhi1 zhang1),
- Jiao Sui (焦遂 jiao1 sui4),
- Li Shizhi (李適之 li3 shi4 zhi),
- Su Jin (蘇晉 su1 jin4),
- Wang Jin (王璡 wang2 jin4), and
- Zhang Xu (張旭 zhang1 xu4).
See also: Chinese wine