A county in the north-west of Ireland.
- Area: 4,841 square kilometres (1,868 square miles)
- Population: 129,994 (1996 estimate)
- Capital: Lifford
- Largest town: Letterkenny
- Highest point: Errigal, 752 metres (2467 feet)
- Lowest point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 metres (0 feet)
Geography is mostly low mountains, with deeply indented coastline, forming natural loughs
Climate is temperate, and dominated by the gulf stream, with cool damp summers, and mild wet winters.
Like other areas of Western Ireland, Donegal has a distinctive fiddle tradition.
Map from " class="external">http://www.irelandstory.com
Donegal is also a place in Pennsylvania. See Donegal, Pennsylvania.