Campbellton, New BrunswickCampbellton
population 7,798) is the smallest of the eight officially incorporated cities
in New Brunswick
. It is situated in the north-central portion of the province along the Restigouche River.
Campbellton was officially incorporated in 1889 and became a city in 1958. Although most of the town was destroyed in a fire in 1911, the city was quickly rebuilt.
Forestry is the major industry in Campbellton, and the salmon-rich waters of the Restigouche River bring much needed tourists to the city.