Camilo José CelaCamilo José Cela Trulock
- January 172002
), Spanish writer.
Born in Iria Flavia, district of Padron, province of la Coruña
. He died in Madrid
Cela published his first novel, "La familia de Pascual Duarte" (The family of Pascal Duarte), when he was 26. His best known work, "La colmena" (The hive) was published in 1951. Cela style is a type of dark realism. He published about 70 volumes. As a travel writer he wrote in 1948 "Viaje a la Alcarria" (Journey to the Alcarria) among others.
In 1957 he was appointed member of the Real Academia Española.
- La familia de Pascual Duarte (The family of Pascal Duarte) (1942)
- Pabellón de reposo (1943)
- Nuevas andanzas y desventuras de Lazarillo de Tormes (1944)
- Viaje a la Alcarria (Journey to the Alcarria) (1948)
- La colmena (The hive) (1951)
- Mrs. Caldwell habla con su hijo (Mrs. Caldwell speaks to her son) (1952)
- La catira (1955)
- Tobogán de hambrientos (1962)
- Izas, rabizas y colipoterras (1964)
- Diccionario secreto (I, 1968; II, 1971)
- San Camilo I936 (1969)
- Oficio de tinieblas 5 (1973)
- Mazurca para dos muertos (Mazurka for two dead men) (1983)
- Nuevo viaje a la Alcarria (1986)
- Cristo versus Arizona (1988).