The term bow
has multiple meanings, and two different pronunciations, depending on context:
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix the link, so that it points to the appropriate page.
- A bow (rhymes with "low") is a kind of weapon; see bow (weapon)
- A bow (rhymes with "low") is a device used to play a strung musical instrument; see bow (music)
- A musical bow is a kind of simple strung musical instrument, usually plucked
- Bow is an area of London; see Bow, London, England
- A bow (rhymes with "now") is a lowering of the upper body whilst holding the lower body in its original position. In most cultures, a bow is a sign of respect given by the person bowing to the person bowed before. In some cultures, a whole body language involving bows as an important component has been developed.
- The term bow (rhymes with "now") is used by sailors to refer to the front end of a ship (Bow (boat)).