Bill BrufordBill Bruford
is an influential drummer
who has been a prominent figure in the art rock
movement since the late 1960's.
He has been in many bands and collaborated in several projects. Most famous of which have been Yes, King Crimson and his own fusion band Bruford.
Bill Bruford is perhaps most famous for having revolutionized drumming through the use of electronic drums and melodic drumming.
While Bruford has gone on to form his own jazz band, Earthworks, he continues to colaborate with many musicians, including one-time Yes keyboardist Patrick Moraz and bassist Tony Levin.
- Yes, from its foundation to 1973's Close to the Edge as well as the Union project.
- King Crimson, from 1972 and Larks' Tongues in Aspic to the mid-1990's and the ProjeKcts.
- Collaboration with numerous bands in the mid-to-late-70s, including Genesis, Gong, National Health and UK.
- Bruford, a fusion band which released four albums between 1977 and 1980.
- Earthworks, his current jazz band founded in 1986.