1 E-3 m
To help compare different orders of magnitude
this page lists lengths between 10-3 m
m (1 mm
and 1 cm
). See also lengths of other orders of magnitude
- Shorter distances
- 1.0 mm is equal to:
- 0.1 centimetres
- 1/1000 of a metre (a tall adult male human would be about two metres)
- 0.039 inch.
- side of square of area 1 mm2.
- edge of cube of volume 1 mm3.
- 2.54 mm -- distance between pins on old DIP (dual-in-pair) electronic components
- 5 mm -- length of average red ant
- 7.62 mm -- common military ammunition size
- Longer Distances
Conversion Calculator for Units of LENGTH