: 15th century
- 16th century
- 17th century
Decades: 1540s 1550s 1560s 1570s 1580s - 1590s - 1600s 1610s 1620s 1630s 1640s
Years: 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 - 1592 - 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598
- January 22 - Pierre Gassendi, French philosopher and scientist.
- March 23 - Jan Amos Komensky, Czech teacher.
- August 28 - George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham.
- December 6 - William Cavendish, 1st Duke of Newcastle.
- Wilhelm Schickard, builder of "Calculating Clock", mechanical machine, what was capable of adding and subtracting up to 6 digit numbers.
- Sir John Eliot, English statesman.
- Peter Stuyvesant, the last Dutch governor of the colony of New Netherland before it was turned over to the British Empire.
- Jacques Callot, French baroque graphics artist.
- September 3 - Robert Greene, English playwright, poet, pamphleteer, and prose writer
- September 13 - Michel de Montaigne, French Renaissance thinker.
- November 27 - John III Vasa of Sweden
- Gunilla Bielke, second wife of John III Vasa. (approximately)
- Bartolomeo Ammanati, Florentine architect and sculptor.
- Thomas Cavendish, English sailor and explorer.
- December - Alessandro Farnese, Duke of Parma and Piacenza, great grandson of Pope Paul III and nephew of Philip II of Spain.\n