In the Old Testament
is the name of seven men. Zabad
- In 1 Chronicles 2:36-37, Zabad is a member of the Tribe of Judah, the family of Hezron and the house of Jahahmeel. He was the son of Nathan and the father of Ephlal.
- In 1 Chronicles 7:21, Zabad is an Ephraimite of the family of Shuthelah. He was the son of Tanath and the father of Suthelah.
- In 1 Chronicles 11:41, Zabad is one of King David's mighty men. He is the son of Ahlai.
- In 2 Chronicles 24:26, Zabad is one of two servants of King Joash who kill him in his bed. He is the son of Shimeath, an Amonite woman. In 2 Kings 12:21 this same man seems to be called Jozachar. His fellow conspirator is Jehozabad.
- In Ezra 10:27,33,34, three men named Zabad are listed as having taken foreign wives, whom Ezra persuades them to send away.