Yuan (元 or 圆 Pinyin
yuán) is, in Chinese language
, the base unit of currency, for example, US dollar
is Mei yuan
(美元). However, in international context, they may refer one of the four Chinese currencies:
- Yuan Dynasty, Mongol ruling period of China
- Yuan, one of several Chinese family names; 袁, 元, 苑, 阮, 原, 源, 爰 in Mandarin; 垣, 玄 in Cantonese.
- Thai Yuan, a people of Northern Thailand
- Yuàn (院), a branch of government stipulated by the Constitution of the Republic of China (now on Taiwan), e.g. Legislative Yuan
- Yuan River(沅江 or 沅水), one of the four largest rivers in Hunan, a tributary of Yangtze River.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix that link to point to the appropriate specific page.