became the 27th state
of the Republic of India
on November 9
The State Uttaranchal is carved out of Uttar Pradesh. It occupies 17.3% of India?s total land area with 51,125 kmē. It has a population of about 6.0 million at 94.4 per kmē. International borders touched by the border of state of Uttaranchal are Tibet, Nepal. Neighbor states are Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
The capital of state Uttaranchal is Dehradun which is surrounded beautiful mountains and natural beauty.
The High Court of state Uttaranchal is situated in District Nainital.
Uttaranchal is a state of natural beauty and some of the untouched and unspoilt natural places such Nainital, Valley of Flowers, Dehradun, Himalayas, Kausani etc. Also famous for it's lakes, mountains, forests, national parks and santuries Uttaranchal is also a favourate destinatioan of wildlife lovers.
;Total Geographical area: 51125 kmē
- Hill Area: 92.57%
- Plains Area: 7.43%
- Area Covered By Forest: 63%
Total Literacy: 65 %
- Longitude 77° 34' 27" East to 81° 02' 22" E
- Latitude 28° 53' 24" North to 31° 27' 50" N
;Total Population: 70,50,634(Male : Female = 1000 : 976)
- Male: % 51.91
- Female: % 48.81
- Rural Population: 76.90 %
- Urban Population: 23.10 %
- S.T.Population: 17.48 %
- S.C.Population: 3.10 %
- Other Minorities: 2.0 %(approx)
Literacy Rate: 65%
Total No. Of Districts: 13
Total No. Of Village: 15620
Total No. Of city or Urban Area: 81
No of Railway Stations: 5 (Major)Kathgodam, Dehradun, Haridwar, Rishikesh, LalKauwn
No. of Airports: 3 (Pant Nagar, Nainisaine, JollyGrant)
;Name Of Districts:
- Almora, Bageshwar, Champawat, Chamol, Nainital, Dehradun, Haridwar, Tehri, Uttarkashi, Puari, Udham Singh Nagar, Pithoragarh and Rudraprayag
- Ganga, Yamuna And Kali(Sharada)
;Major Mountain Range(Peaks)(height in Mts.)
- Gauri Parvat(6590), Gangotri(6614), Panchuly(6910), Nanda Devi(7816), Nanda Kot(6861), Kameth(7756), Badrinath(7140), Trishul(7120), Chaukhamba(7138), Dunagiri(7066)
- Mana(5450), Nitipass(5070), Lipulekh(5122), LumpiaDhura(5650)
- Water, Forest, Dairy, Woolen, Herb, Medicine, Fruit, Land etc.
- Tourism, Dairy, Agriculture, Horticulture, Floriculture, Sugar and other small scale industries
- Uttarani, Nanda devi Mela, Holi, Dipawali, Kandali, Hilljatra, Bikhoti, Bagwal, Harela, Ghugutee
- Sardoutasv, Bansntoutsav, Nanda Devi Rajjaat, Chipla Kedar Jaat, Kadernath Yatra, Badrinath Yatra, Kumbh Mela, Ardh Kumbh Mela, Ramleela, Dashara
;Major Species Of Trees
- Shoria Robusta, Agile Marmilos, Embica Aaficinelis, Cigigime Quiminy, Bombex Shiva, Ajadyrecta Indica, Junglash Regia, Cidres Devdaar, Betula Utilus, Rhododendhren Arbhenium, Pine, Tectona Grandish
;Major Species Of Herb
- (Some of the species of herb are very rare and these are included in the list of endangered species)
- Cordyceps sinnesis, Sinoarundinaria falcata, Aehmanthera gossypina, Meizotropic pillita, Morchell esculenta, Terachycarpus takin, Wyrtex Nirgundo, Geradernia hetrofila, Barebris aristata, Scentla ascetica
;Major Trade Centers
- Haldwani, Rudrapur, Tanakpur, Dehradun, Haridwar, Kotdwar, Rishikesh.