The first Charleston was a galley mounting one 24-pounder gun, identical to Mars (length 52 ft, breadth 15 ft, depth 5.1 ft, complement 28). She was built at Charleston in 1798, commanded by "Captain-of-a-Galley" James Payne, and used to defend the coast of South Carolina during the Quasi-War with France. The ship was sold in Charleston around 1 February1802.
The fourth Charleston (PG-51) was a patrol boat used in World War II.
The fifth(?) Charleston (LKA-113) (originally AKA-113) was an amphibious cargo ship commissioned 1968 and decommissioned 1992, and mothballed at Portsmouth, Virginia.
Fact-index.com financially supports the Wikimedia Foundation. Displaying this page does not burden Wikipedia hardware resources. This article is from Wikipedia. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License.