Tysons Corner, VirginiaTysons Corner
is an unincorporated place located in Fairfax County, Virginia
. Recognized by the U.S. Census Bureau as a census designated place, the community had a total population of 18,540 as of the  census.
Geography\nTysons Corner is located at 38°55'7" North, 77°13'47" West (38.918485, -77.229833)1
According to the United States Census Bureau
, the town has a total area of 12.7 km²
). 12.7 km² (4.9 mi²) of it is land and none of the area is covered with water.
Demographics\nAs of the census
, there are 18,540 people, 8,814 households, and 4,512 families residing in the town. The population density
is 1,460.9/km² (3,782.5/mi²). There are 9,474 housing units at an average density of 746.5/km² (1,932.9/mi²). The racial makeup of the town is 71.20% White, 3.86% African American
, 0.13% Native American
, 17.73% Asian
, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 1.26% from other races, and 5.74% from two or more races. 6.15% of the population are Hispanic
of any race.
There are 8,814 households out of which 20.8% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.0% are married couples living together, 6.8% have a female householder with no husband present, and 48.8% are non-families. 39.0% of all households are made up of individuals and 7.9% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.10 and the average family size is 2.86.
In the town the population is spread out with 17.8% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 40.3% from 25 to 44, 23.7% from 45 to 64, and 10.2% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 36 years. For every 100 females there are 92.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 90.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town is $74,151, and the median income for a family is $94,227. Males have a median income of $69,659 versus $49,321 for females. The per capita income for the town is $47,292. 7.0% of the population and 5.5% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 8.3% are under the age of 18 and 13.2% are 65 or older.