Timeline of fictional events
Various storytellers have tried to create better verisimilitude for their stories by linking them to real history. Protagonists could have witnessed a historical event or even participated in it (often fighting in various wars). In some stories they may even be originators of some event or try to prevent it (see Secret History) but fail – history, as we know it, does not change.
In other stories, writers have simply placed the story in some specific year or date.
Fictional countries may also include history of their own, even if the story itself is not concerned about them.
These dates are connected to either specific historical dates or real-world historical events. They are known to be fictitious – not claimed nonfiction of conspiracy theories.
- Chief Hveghi drives away Turkish conquerors and founds Syldavia
- Syldavians drive away Bordurians
- Robert Gadling begins to meet The Sandman every 100 years
- Connor MacLeod is mortally wounded at the battle of Loch Shiel, but instead of dying, becomes immortal.
- Lestat becomes a Vampire (according to the Interview With a Vampire of Anne Rice)
- German professor Lidenbrock takes his nephew to the underground trip down Iceland (according to Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth)
- Ardan, Barbicane, and Nicholl ride a cannon fired spaceship to the moon.
- Rudyard Kipling travels around India meeting various animals in order to gather research material for The Jungle Books.
- Indiana Jones born as Henry Jones, Jr. (according to internal evidence in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles)
- Lord Clifford Chateley marries Constance but afterwards he is seriously wounded in the front during the First World War and permanently paralyzed under the waist – which leads to events of Lady Chatterley's Lover.
- Young Walt Rawley becomes an apprentice of magician Master Yehudi (according to Paul Auster's Mister Vertigo)
- Events of the run of Jazz Age Chronicles comic book by Ted Slampyak
- Parisian inspector Maigret meets (his) writer Georges Simenon for the first time (according to Maigret's memoirs)
- Nero Wolfe hires Archie Goodwin and begins his job as a private eye
- Failed attempt to oust Syldavian king Muskar XII
- Monique D'Aubainne takes over in Al Amarja and becomes its president-for-life.
- Parisian private eye Nestor Burma is released from a prisoner of war-camp and resumes his job during the German occupation of Paris (according to Leo Malet's books)
- August 31 – Buckaroo Banzai's parents are killed when an experimental vehicle explodes, due to sabotage by Hanoi Xan.
- November 5 – Marty McFly from 1985 stumbles in, meets his would-be-parents and tries to get Back to the Future
- Big Brother's power hour.
- The Time of The Gathering, as shown in the movie Highlander