Main Page | See live article | Alphabetical index

Throgs Neck Bridge

The Throgs Neck Bridge is a suspension bridge opened on January 11, 1961 that carries US Interstate 295 and connects the Throgg's Neck section of the Bronx with the Bayside section of Queens. It is the newest bridge across the East River and was built to relieve traffic on the adjacent Whitestone Bridge.

The span is 1800 feet long, with an anchorage to anchorage total length of 2910 feet.

The Throgs Neck Bridge is owned and operated by the Triborough Bridge & Tunnel Authority, a subsidiary of MTA Bridges and Tunnels.