Three's CompanyThree's Company
is an American sitcom
that ran from 1977 to
1984 on ABC
. The show was a remake
of the British sitcom Man About the House
and revolved around two women and a man sharing an apartment together.
Three's Company spawned two spinoffs, The Ropers, revolving around Jack's former landlords, and Three's a Crowd, the further adventures of Jack as he settles down. Neither was as popular. Interestingly, the original British show had a similar set of spinoffs, both of which produced more episodes than the original.
The show was set in Santa Monica, California.
- John Ritter as Jack Tripper
- Joyce DeWitt as Janet Wood
- Suzanne Somers as Chrissy Snow
- Jenilee Harrison as Cindy Snow
- Priscilla Barnes as Teri Alden
- Don Knotts as Ralph Furley
- Richard Kline as Larry Dallas
- Norman Fell as Mr. Roper
- Audra Lindley as Mrs. Roper
- Ann Wedgeworth as Lana Shields