The Labyrinth ProjectThe Labyrinth Project
is an international project that is inspired by the book Labyrinth of the World and Paradise of the Heart
, written by the 17th century Czech
philosopher and teacher J. A. Comenius
. The project is still unfinished.
The main goals of the Labyrinth Project:
- Explore the new creative forms of artistic expression.
- Promote international cooperation in the fields of art, media, philosophy, and science.
- Help participants understand the different influences of New Media on people and society.
- Make information accessible about the life and work of the Czech philosopher J. A. Comenius.
- Explore the new possibilities of New Media as a form of artistic expression. Creation of multi-user virtual communities.
- Explore the new possibilities of dynamic 3D visualization
The main parts of the Labyrinth project:
- Information - Information about the project and its main parts
- The Labyrinth Book - the complete hypertext version of Comenius` Labyrinth of the World and Paradise of the Heart, in Czech and English
- The Labyrinth City - 3D interactive virtual city based on the city Comenius describes in his book