The Firesign TheatreThe Firesign Theatre
are an improvisational audio / comedy troupe consisting of Phil Austin
, Peter Bergman, David Ossman, and Philip Proctor. The troupe began as live radio performers in Los Angeles, California
during the 1960s
. They are perhaps best known for a series of audio recordings which cannot easily be categorized. Their works are part radio program, part comedy, part science fiction
. Many are eerily ahead of their time.
Their recordings were originally released by Columbia Records and may be currently available from Rhino Records.
See also Proctor and Bergman.
- Boom Dot Bust
- Bride of Firesign
- Dear Friends
- Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand me The Pliers
- Everything You Know Is Wrong
- Give Me Immortality Or Give Me Death
- How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All
- I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus
- In the Next World, You're On Your Own
- Not Insane, Or Anything You Want To
- Papoon For President
- Pink Hotel Burns Down
- The Tale of the Giant Rat of Sumatra
- Waiting for the Electrician, or Someone Like Him