That'll Be the DayThat'll Be The Day
by Buddy Holly and the crickets is credited as being written by Allison, (this being Jerry Allison the brummer with the group), Holly, (the lead guitarist and vocalist) and Petty, (Norman Petty being the manager). It is generally accepted that although Petty is given a credit for the compossition, that he was never actually involved in the writting.
The track was produced at the Norman Petty studios in Clovis, New Mexico on the 25 February 1957 and produced by te studio owner, (Norman Petty).
Featured on the track are ..
- Budy Holly - Lead guitar and vocals
- Larry Welborn - Bass
- Jerry Allison - Drums
- Niki Sullivan - Background vocals
- June Clark - Background vocals
- Gary Tollett - Background vocals
- Ramona Tollett - Background vocals