In general stewardship
is responsibility for taking good care of resources entrusted to one.
Stewardship in industry
- For example, product stewardship.
of the environment
- For example, protecting the environment through recycling, conservation, and the like.
- In an organizational context, stewardship refers to management's responsibility to properly utilize and develop the talents of the members.
For more in depth detail, see, in Organizational development
, the pages on
- talent identification and management
- succession planning
- employee development
- performance improvement
Stewardship in Islam
- In a Christian context, stewardship refers to the responsibility that Christians have for the gifts that God has bestowed. In some settings, stewardship is operationalized as time, talent and treasure.