(60, LX) is a natural number
and preceding sixty-one
. It is a composite number
with the divisors being 1
, making it also a highly composite number
. Its prime factorization
This number is the sum of a pair of twin primes (29 + 31), as well as the sum of four consecutive primess
(11 + 13 + 17 + 19).
In normal space, the interior angles of an equilateral triangle each measures 60 degrees, adding up to 180 degrees.
The Babylonian number system had a base of sixty. A number system with base sixty is called a sexagesimal number system.
Sixty is also:
See also: fifty
- in the measurement of time, the number of seconds in a minute, and the number of minutes in an hour.
- in geometry, the number of seconds in a minute, and the number of minutes in a degree.
- a common speed limit, in miles per hour, for freeways in many US states.
- in years of marriage, the diamond wedding anniversary.
- the code for international direct dial calls to Malaysia.
- for the year AD 60, see 60.
- the atomic number of neodymium, a lanthanide.
, list of numbers